The rise of the Metaverse brought us innovative products such as buying virtual art through NFTs. But nothing can compare to hanging a beautiful piece of artwork on a wall. In the spirit of artists such as Andy Warhol and Kehinde Wiley—who captured the essence of their iconic subjects—I was inspired to commission an artist to illustrate iconic film characters from classic films, where the character’s costuming help tell the story and show an evolution of the character.
Fashion designer and entrepreneur Angela Johnson, used her signature caricature-style illustrations to bring these nine film characters to life on paper. A portion of the proceeds will go to FABRIC, a non-profit fashion incubator co-founded by Angela Johnson.
Starting Saturday, Aug. 6 through Wednesday, Sept. 14, FashFilmFete is holding an auction of matted prints of nine illustrations inspired by film characters:
- Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” (1961)
- Valentina (Rita Moreno) in “West Side Story” (1961)
- Tracy Chambers (Diana Ross) in “Mahogany” (1975)
- Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton John) in “Grease” (1978)
- The Kid (Prince) in ‘Purple Rain” (1984)
- Cher Horowitz (Alicia Silverstone) and Dionne Davenport (Stacey Dash) in “Clueless” (1995)
- Jimmy ‘B-Rabbit’ Smith (Eminem/Marshall Mathers) in “8 Mile” (2002)
- Andrea Sachs (Anne Hathaway) in “The Devil Wears Prada” (2006)
- James Bond (Sean Connery) SOLD
Instagram Live with Angela Johnson
View this post on Instagram